Please review the concentration competencies using these links:
- Environmental Health Science
- Health Policy and Management
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
MPH Program Core Competencies
- Use biostatistical methods to analyze and report public health data.
- Specify approaches to assess, prevent and control environmental and occupational hazards to human health and safety.
- Use epidemiologic methods to collect, study, analyze and report the patterns of disease in human populations for diverse audiences.
- Identify and analyze the components and issues of leadership, including financing and delivery of public health services and systems.
- Apply policy process, development and analysis methods to address current national, state and local public health issues.
- Identify social and behavioral science factors, theories and models and develop, implement and evaluate interventions designed to positively affect health behaviors in populations.
- Collect and disseminate public health data through the use of technology and media.
- Explain how human biology influences health and public health practice.
- Exhibit high standards of personal and organizational integrity, compassion, honesty and respect for all people.
- Use systems methods to analyze the effects of political, social and economic influences on public health systems at the individual, community, state, national and international levels.
- Demonstrate the impact of diversity and culture on public health across discipline areas.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic ethical and legal principles pertaining to the collection, maintenance, use and dissemination of public health data.