MS in Product Stewardship
This exciting new master’s degree is the first of its kind in the world: it is the only academic degree available today designed to prepare students for leadership roles in the emerging field of product stewardship. Based in the Fairbanks School of Public Health’s Environmental Health Science department, the 30-credit degree can be completed as a part-time or full-time student. Students will take six credits of public health fundamentals, nine credits of environmental health science fundamentals and 15 credits of specialized product stewardship coursework that is taught by industry experts who helped invent the field. Every class will be delivered online, in real time.
Who Will Benefit From This Degree?
The MS in Product Stewardship is designed for those who would like to advance their careers by meeting the ever-growing demand for product stewardship professionals. Competitive candidates include:
- Working professionals who are already active in the product stewardship field, who seek the formal training that will allow them to move up in their product stewardship organizations.
- Working professionals from a wide range of other backgrounds, including environmental health, regulatory compliance, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, sustainability, product development, supply chain, and law.
- Current undergraduates who want to pursue a graduate degree in order to fast-track their careers.
Successful applicants will have strong academic records and proven skills in science and analytical thinking.
A Focus On Meeting Industry Need
The Fairbanks School of Public Health has worked with product stewardship leaders at top companies around the world to develop a curriculum that meets industry’s need for well-trained product stewardship professionals. Specialized product stewardship courses will include:
- Fundamentals of Product Stewardship
- Product Hazard, Exposure and Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Affairs for Product Stewardship
- Product Improvement and Sustainability
- Product Stewardship Strategy and Management
Click here to apply now. The Product Stewardship MS is officially an academic plan under the Public Health academic program.
I encourage you to explore the information on our website to learn more about the Master of Science degree in Product Stewardship. The Product Stewardship MS is officially an academic plan under the Public Health academic program. If you would like to receive additional information about the program, reach out to us here. Feel free to contact me or Lauren Teme if you have questions about the program. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Steven E. Lacey, PhD, CIH, CSP
Chair, Department of Environmental Health Science
Indiana University Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health
Health Sciences Building (RG)
1050 Wishard Blvd, Floor 6
Indianapolis, IN 46202