- Vanderburgh County Health Department Success Story | September 22, 2016
The Vanderburgh County Health Department’s Switch2Health coalition was selected as Indiana’s population health success story by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Region V Great Lakes Public Health Training Collaborative (PHTC). Switch2Health demonstrated excellence by significantly increasing vaccination rates through the integration of public health and primary care. Using the Institute of Medicine’s framework for improving population health, their work on community collaboration, shared use of data, aligned leadership, and sustained systems integration has been a great success in Indiana!
- Great Lakes Public Health Training Collaborative Success Story | June 29, 2016
A population health success story from the Vanderburgh County (IN) Public Health Department.
- Climate Change Presentation for Earth Hour 2016 | March 19, 2016
Stephen Jay, MD, Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health Professor Emeritus, describes the most pressing public health threat of our time: climate change. He provides concrete recommendations for how we can slow the progression of disease, soil erosion, rising sea levels and heat indexes, and associated costs.
- Impact Of Climate Change On Public Health In Indiana | April 21, 2015
A panel discussion on the "Impact of Climate Change on Public Health in Indiana" with Gabriel Filippelli, PhD, of the Department of Earth Science, Center for Urban Health, Indra Frank, MD, MPH, of the Hoosier Environmental Council, and Jim Poyser of Earth Charter Indiana.
- HIV: Early Issues And Protections | April 10, 2015
A panel of experts from Indiana University, including representatives from the School of Nursing, the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI, the School of Public Health-Bloomington/Rural Center for AIDS/STD Prevention, the School of Medicine, the McKinney School of Law, and the Center for Bioethics, as well as experts from Covering Kids & Families of Indiana, discuss Indiana's emergency response to HIV outbreaks.
- 2013 Prescription Drug Symposium Highlights | December 19, 2013
Highlights from the 2013 Indiana Prescription Drug Symposium include general topics, such as the brain disease of addiction and Indiana's administrative rules for prescribing opioids. The clinical and treatment tracks covered monitoring through drug screening, integrative pain care, neonatal abstinence syndrome, and treatment programs for juveniles.
- Public Health Return On Investment Saves Lives And Money | April 2, 2013
The 2013 Indiana Joint Public Health Week Conference discussion on how investing in public health saves lives and money.
- 2012 Prescription Drug Symposium Highlights | December 19, 2012
Highlights from the 2012 Indiana Prescription Drug Symposium include the status of prescription drug abuse in Indiana, the overdose epidemic, the safe and effective management of pain, how to screen for substance abuse, and more.
- Mosquitoes, Pathogens, And Human Populations: Global Health Research From The Laboratory To The Real World | December 1, 2012
A presentation highlighting how mosquitoes that carry pathogens affect human health.