Career Development Office
The IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health is committed to helping you identify and achieve your career goals. Through our Career Development Office we provide a variety of services and resources designed to assist students and alumni in finding career success in the fields of public health and health administration. We also serve as a resource for employers looking to hire well-trained professionals for today’s demanding jobs.
Discover Career Coaching
A one-on-one career coaching appointment will provide you with personalized and in-depth advice related to your specific career goals. For your convenience, we offer flexible appointments: choose an in-person, phone or Skype-based career appointment. Some of the most common career coaching topics include:
- Career Exploration and Self-Assessment
- Developing and Perfecting Résumés, Curricula Vitae, and Cover Letters
- Developing Personal Statements and Statements of Purpose
- Interview and Job Talk Preparation
- Internship and Job Search Strategies
- Identifying and Applying for Graduate/Professional Schools
- Job Offer Evaluation and Negotiation
- Networking and Professionalism
- Portfolio Development
- Utilizing LinkedIn
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a career coaching appointment, login to CareerLink with your IUPUI username and password. Once logged in, select “Schedule Appointment” from the top menu bar.
Attend Workshops and Events
We hold a variety of workshops and career events each year. These events give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills, interact and network with public health and health administration professionals and employers, and learn about career fields and opportunities.
A full calendar of upcoming career events can be found by logging into CareerLink with your IUPUI username and password.
Search for Jobs and Internships
You can search for full-time jobs, internships, and fellowship opportunities using CareerLink. In addition, you can use this hub to:
- Schedule career advising appointments
- View and RSVP for workshops, career fairs, and other career events
- Create custom searches
- Store your resume, cover letter and other application documents
Click on the Student Login button to the right to begin exploring opportunities. You just need your IUPUI username and password to login.
For detailed information and forms for required internships, visit the Student Resources page.
What can you do in CareerLink?