The Corps is a volunteer cadre of graduate students in the School of Public Health who engage in service-learning experiences with partnering health agencies. This initiative allows students to:
- Work side by side with health practitioners and administrators
- Apply classroom knowledge to diverse, real-world situations
- Contribute to surge capacity of health agencies
- Explore potential employment settings
- Serve the community through meaningful action
The Corps is made possible through academic-practice collaborations between the IU Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI and the leading health agencies such as the Indiana State Department of Health, Marion County Public Health Department, Vanderburgh County Health Department, Allen County Health Department, St. Vincent DePaul, hospitals and others needing the expertise of our undergraduate and graduate students.