Faculty & Staff
Ann M. Holmes, PhD
- RG 5138
Dr. Holmes joined IUPUI in 1993. Her teaching and research interests center on the financing and delivery of health care, particularly to chronically ill populations, and the measurement of health status for economic and health policy evaluation.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- M.A., Economics, Queen's University, Kingston
- B.A. (Honours), Economics, University of Victoria, Victoria
- American Society for Health Economists
- 1994- International Health Economics Association
- 1994- Society for Medical Decision Making
Major Fields of Expertise
- Health policy and health services research
- Economic evaluation methods in health care
- Financing of health care
- Chronic illness, including severe mental illness
- Holmes, AM and Deb, P. (2004). "Performance Assessment in Community Mental Health Care and At-risk Populations." Health Care Financing Review, 26(1); 75-84.
- Li J, Holmes AM, Rosenman MB et al. "Indiana Chronic Disease Management Program Risk Stratification Analysis." Medical Care 2005; 43(10): 979-984.
- Holmes AM. "Is a Family Equal to the Sum of its Parts: a Comment." Quality of Life Research 2005; 14(4): 1135-1137 (invited editorial).
- Rosenman MB, Holmes AM, Ackerman RT et al. "The Indiana Chronic Disease Management Program." Milbank Quarterly 2006; 84(1): 135-63.
- Holmes AM, Ackermann RT, Murray MD, Zillich A, Katz B, Downs SM, Inui TS. "Evaluation of the Indiana Chronic Disease Management Program." Health Affairs 2008; 27(3): 855-64.
- Holmes AM. "Truth in Advertising: The Authors Respond." Health Affairs 2008; 27(5): 1483-1484.
- Co-chair, Financing Sub-committee, Health Care Reform Study Group (2007-2008)
- Appointed by former Governor O'Bannon to the Family and Social Services Advisory Committee (1997-2004)
Awards and Recognition
- Graduate Teaching Award, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008
- Trustee's Teaching Award, IUPUI, 2001, 2003, 2005